• A strong interest in public and cultural event programming and the arts
• Good administrative and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy – or evidence of the ability to develop these
• Able to respond quickly to changing surroundings and multiple programming
• Ability to take initiative
• A passion for exhibition making and the visual arts
• Very good communication skills, customer service awareness.
• Experience of office and systems administration or evidence of ability to develop these.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for working in a team
• Good IT skills
• A flexible approach to working hours with ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Social Media skills and ability to create content for audiences on Instagram / Facebook and Twitter, including knowledge of Adobe.
• Availability for the full MAW festival 4-7 October 2018
• Minimum of 3 A Levels (grade C or above) or equivalent
• Experience of installing exhibition displays
• Experience of running public programming
• An awareness of the contemporary art scene in the North East
• Knowledge of Adobe & Microsoft Office
• Driving License
• Craft and trade experience – woodworking/electrical etc
How to Apply
To apply for the post of Project Assistant please email a cover letter, C.V. with relevant experience and two references to email@example.com